Butzel attorney Laura E. Johnson named to Michigan Lawyers Weekly’s ‘Go To Lawyers’ for Business LawMay 11, 2022
Notably, a “Michigan Go To Lawyer” is:
- An expert in his or her field, well-versed in the nuances of the case law, statutes and regulations clients will encounter.
- Experienced, and enjoys a record of success, with many cases and/or transactions that give testimony to the quality advice he or she can provide.
- A lawyer to whom other lawyers make referrals because of his or her expertise and accomplishments.
- A lawyer who can think creatively and identify all options for a client.
- A lawyer you would name when a friend from another state calls and says she has a client who needs some legal help in a given part of our state.
Johnson practices in the area of business and corporate law. She practices primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, entity formation and general corporate and business law. She advises clients in venture capital and private equity transactions.
She is the co-chair of Butzel’s Pro-Bono Committee and a member of the firm’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee. She serves as a council member of the State Bar of Michigan Business Law Section. Johnson previously served as a member of OESA’s Young Leadership Council 3 and a member of its Talent Retention subcommittee.
Moreover, Johnson was named to DBusiness magazine’s 2021 Class of “30 in Their Thirties,” which profiles metro Detroit business professionals who have achieved notable success in their respective fields. She also was named to Michigan Lawyers Weekly’s “Women in the Law” for 2021.
She is admitted to practice in Michigan State Courts, New York State Courts and the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. Johnson is a member of the Federal Bar Association and the State Bar of Michigan.
Johnson is a graduate of Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009) where she was a member of Law Review and Executive Editor (2008-09). She also graduated from the University of Michigan (B.A., with honors, 2006).
Butzel is one of the leading law firms in Michigan and the United States. It was founded in Detroit in 1854 and has provided trusted client service for more than 160 years. Butzel’s full-service law offices are located in Detroit, Troy, Lansing and Ann Arbor, Mich.; New York, NY; and, Washington, D.C., as well as an alliance office in Beijing. It is an active member of Lex Mundi, a global association of 160 independent law firms. Learn more by visiting www.butzel.com or follow Butzel on Twitter: https://twitter.com/butzel_long