Consumers EnergyAugust 6, 2020
Consumers Energy is Michigan’s largest energy provider and the nation’s fourth largest combination utility. The company serves 6.7 million of the state’s 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are part of Consumers Energy’s DNA:
- We treat our employees with respect, we treat each other fairly and we value the opinions of others.
- We are passionate about building and nurturing an environment where everyone feels included.
- We are committed to supporting our Black colleagues, and we want you to know #BLACKLIVESMATTER.
- We take a stand on anti-racism; being non-racist is not enough.
- We seek to learn about each other and better understand our unique differences; our uniqueness makes us authentic.
- Our Employee Resource Groups are key enablers to living the values of our company culture – Caring, Empowered, Deliberate, Agility, and Ownership.
Consumers Energy also is protecting the planet through its Clean Energy Plan for Michigan. The plan lays the groundwork for eliminating coal, achieving net zero carbon emissions and meeting 90% of customers’ energy needs with a blend of company-owned and developer-provided clean resources a decade ahead of scientific recommendations. Customer participation in energy waste reduction and demand response programs are pivotal to the plan’s success.