Complete the form below to apply for media credentials for the 2023 Detroit Policy Conference on Tuesday, Jan. 10, at MotorCity Casino Hotel.
Broadcast Space Application
Complete the form below to request broadcast space in media row for the 2023 Detroit Policy Conference.
Please Note: All media personnel must apply for media credentials in the form above, regardless of broadcast space request or approval.
In order to ensure Detroit Policy Conference attendees and working media have adequate space and accommodations, the Detroit Regional Chamber requires media to request media credentials to attend the Conference and broadcast space to broadcast live from media row in the exhibit hall.
Media credentials will be granted in lieu of Conference registration only to working media as defined below and will not be granted to applicants who the Detroit Regional Chamber determines do not meet the established criteria.
The Detroit Regional Chamber reserves the right to deny or revoke media credentials for any reason.
Credential applications are evaluated for each Conference. A history of being granted media credentials at the Detroit Policy Conference DOES NOT GUARANTEE approval for this year’s Conference and does not waive the credential application and approval requirements.
To qualify for press credentials to the Detroit Policy Conference, applicants must be a working journalist at a bona fide news-gathering outlet including publicly read newspapers, news services, websites, and radio and television stations. Applicants must cover business or policy-related issues on a regular basis or be working on special assignment. Each media credential covers one individual person.
A working journalist is defined as someone deriving income from journalistic activities either independently or as part of an independent media outlet. Independent media outlets are those independent of special interest groups, trade associations, consumer organizations or government agencies or organizations with a primarily public relations function. Applicants who report for newsletters or other publications for such groups are not considered working media. Credentials cannot be transferred.
- Non-Editorial Staff: Credentials will not be granted to non-editorial staff such as management, marketing, public relations, advertising, sales, art, personal blog writers, or publishers of media organizations. Publishers and station managers will not receive media credentials unless they have an established record of a role in coverage (such as writing columns from the Conference) the previous year.
- Personal Bloggers/Social Media: The Detroit Regional Chamber does not grant credentials for the purpose of writing a personal online blog or social media.
- Freelance Writers: Freelance writers must verify they have been retained by a credible news organization for the express purpose of covering the Detroit Policy Conference. Freelance applicants will be asked to provide proof of their assignment.
- Broadcast Guests: If broadcasting from within the Conference, please note that all guests to be interviewed will be required to register at the full attendee rate. No exceptions will be given.
Providing Further Information
The Detroit Regional Chamber may request media applicants to submit the following:
- Business Card
- An assignment letter from an editor, written on company letterhead including a detailed explanation of the assignment
- Samples of recently published work
Should you be denied media credentials for the Detroit Policy Conference, you will be denied access to the Conference unless you purchase registration.
Photography and Video
The Detroit Regional Chamber works to accommodate all photo and video requests.
- Video Cameras and Recording: Video cameras and recording devices by credentialed media are allowed in the Sound Board for this event. The Detroit Regional Chamber reserves the right to ask a reporter with a camera to leave the Sound Board at any time. Please give advance notice if you intend to bring a camera so special accommodations can be made.Please Note: Due to contracts with Conference speakers, video and audio recordings of some speakers at the Conference may be restricted or may not be allowed.
- Flash Photography: Flash photography is not allowed in the Sound Board. Photographers shooting in the Sound Board are welcome to take photographs, but may not use a flash. The Chamber will provide photography same-day on Flickr and the link will be provided to all media.
Read the latest news from the Detroit Policy Conference.