Detroit’s COVID-19 Small Business PlayBookMay 19, 2020
Visit: The City of Detroit’s COVID-19 Help For Small and Local Businesses
The City of Detroit is operating multiple departments, including police, fire, buses, legal services, parks, and many others. By following the standards listed here, the city has found that employees can return to work safely and actually have lower infection rates than Detroiters who stay home. But this requires a thoughtful and conscious plan.
Whether yours is an essential business already open or one preparing to open when the Governor declares Michigan in Phase 4, the City of Detroit strongly encourages you to develop a COVID Safe Work Plan. If you post it on your website and at your business, you will be reassuring your employees and your customers that you are operating with their safety in mind.
The City of Detroit has found that a model policy for COVID-19 Safe Workplace include six elements:
- Initial testing of each employee for COVID-19.
- Daily employee temperature check, health screening, and monitoring.
- Workplace distancing and hygiene protocols.
- Mandatory use of masks and other necessary PPE.
- Thorough and frequent cleaning of workspaces and vehicles.
- Ensuring a continuous adequate stockpile of necessary PPE and sanitizing supplies.
These elements have been reviewed and approved by the City’s Chief Medical Consultant Dr. Robert Dunne. Together, and with your support, we can make Detroit a leader for COVID-19 prevention in the country.
Download and Read: Detroit’s COVID-19 Small Business PlayBook