New and Improved Ways to do Business with the Secretary of StateJuly 30, 2021
Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson recently shared updates on services:
- Offering more convenient and efficient service than ever before in department history.
- Office visits now take on average just 20 minutes. Residents can schedule ahead at Michigan.gov/SOS, by calling 888-SOS-MICH, or by stopping by a branch office to be seen immediately if there is availability or assisted with scheduling a return visit, often for the same day or next day.
- Nearly every vehicle and license can now be renewed from home, and a full list of our expanded online services can be found on our website.
- We have also expanded the transactions offered at self-service stations to include driver’s license and state ID renewals and other options. Follow the link for more info and a searchable list of all self-service stations across our state.
- The Public Engagement team will be hosting virtual town halls this summer to ensure our partners and communities across the state are aware of all the new and improved ways to do business with the Secretary of State. These town halls will provide opportunities for participants to ask questions and submit their feedback on behalf of their communities. We will provide a complete list of dates in the very near future. Meanwhile, if you’d like to request a presentation for your organization or business, please do so by completing this form.
- To ensure you are receiving important updates from the Public Engagement team, we are asking that you update your information with us (it should take only a few minutes).