New Virtual Program Addresses Legal Strategies for Women Business LeadersMarch 30, 2022
Topics for the first year are geared towards women who are established in their businesses, as well as women business executives. While not a substitute for legal advice, the goal of this program is to educate attendees and communicate that it is not up to one person to keep a business going but that it takes a team of different professionals to get the work done.
“Keeping a finger on the pulse of the evolving legal landscape and available resources creates a competitive advantage,” says Amanda Dernovshek, attorney with Foster Swift’s business and tax practice.
“Our goal in developing this program is to discuss legal issues that women-owned businesses face and provide a platform to promote resources for women-owned businesses as well as provide women leaders with a framework for evaluating options and selecting qualified legal counsel so they may achieve goals personally and professionally. We hope that our presentations will be approachable, informative, and demonstrate our interest and dedication to advancing women in business.”
The first session is scheduled for April 19 at 9 am EST. Each session will last about 30 minutes. Amanda will be discussing ‘Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Certification.’ This conversation will address the following questions:
• What is the women owned small business certification?
• What agency or organization certifies a business as women-owned?
• What are the requirements for WOSB and how can Foster Swift assist in the process?
• How can certification benefit women business owners?
Each session will have ample opportunities for participants to ask questions and discuss the legal opportunities and challenges that women leaders face. The remaining tentative topics in the coming months include:
• Executive compensation options & negotiation with employee benefits attorney Mindi Johnson on June 7.
• Protecting your business assets and the importance of a pre-nuptial agreement to protect your business with family law attorneys Jackie Dupler & Andrea Badalucco on August 9.
• Effective estate planning and planned giving with estate planning attorney Amanda Afton Martin on October 4.
To register for the April 19 session, please use the following Zoom link:
• Contact email@example.com if you have further questions about this program