Medical Supplies and Equipment Urgently NeededApril 1, 2020
Due to the growing number of COVID-19 cases in Southeast Michigan, hospitals are in danger of running out of medical supplies and personal protection equipment (PPE). Businesses are encouraged to take part in donating supplies to hospitals in the Detroit region to help prevent shortages.
- New or unused disposable face masks
- N-95 mask (sometimes called respirators)
- Eye protection including face shields and safety goggles
- Disposable gowns
- Disposable gloves (especially non-latex)
- Disposable surgical caps
- Disposable foot covers
- Wipes: bleach or anti-microbial
- Hand sanitizer
- Home-sewn reusable masks
- Specialized items
- Powered air purifying respirators (PAPRs) and PAPR hoods
- Nasal testing swabs
- Viral testing kits
Consider donating to one or more of the following health centers below.
Ascension Hospitals are accepting donations at their Corporate Services Building drive-through donation site. The donation box is located at the center building entrance facing Dequindre.
Corporate Services Building
28000 Dequindre Road, Madison Heights, MI 48092
Hours: Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The following donations will be accepted:
- Surgical Masks
- Isolation Masks
- N-95 Masks
- Isolation Gowns
- Surgical Gowns
- Full Length Plastic Face Shields
- ¾ Length Plastic Face Shields
Beaumont Health is accepting donations of face masks, scrubs, gowns, and more. Drop off is available or ship items via UPS for the following addresses:
26901 Beaumont Blvd., Southfield, MI 48033
Hours: Monday – Sunday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
29165 Ecorse Rd., Van Buren Twp., MI 48184
Hours: Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Detroit Medical Center is asking individuals interested in donating items to call 313-966-9328.
Please circulate this list throughout your organization to see how you can help.
FEMA is requesting that any company that can help provide these supplies email the link below: email@example.com or submit this form on their website.
Henry Ford Health System has added new drop-off locations for businesses and organizations looking to donate new and unused medical supplies. Read the full list of donation sites and supplies needed.
Do you know a patient at a Henry Ford Health System hospital or want to send general encouragement to patients and staff? Send them virtual well wishes.
St. Joseph Mercy Health is now accepting medical supply donations at their Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Livingston, Oakland, and Livonia locations. Read the full list of locations, hours of operation, and accepted supplies.
University of Michigan Medicine
- Face Shield Specs: final published specs for face shields on the U-M engineering
- Donations of Equipment and Resources: We have been asking companies for a quantity of 5K as a starting point and if that’s too much, 2.5K, on down to 1K. If U-M ends up with a surplus, we can further donate to other health systems in the region who may be in need.
- Manufacturers Survey: The following survey will help catalog capabilities when we have needs for PPE or other equipment: umich.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9SPpXrdY3zbw633.
For manufacturers in the region who have capabilities/materials relating to PPE manufacturing and/or other vital equipment (i.e. ventilators), the best way for them to be known and considered is by completing the survey
- U-M Donation Site: donation needs and process site
- For a company that wants to engage U-M faculty experts in sponsored/collaborative research related to COVID-19, complete the research survey