#MIVoterPoll: ‘5 Things You Need to Know with Sandy K. Baruah’May 27, 2020
- 16% of respondents are experiencing economic pain from COVID-19 and are worried about putting food on the table.
- 77% of workers are ready to return to work and trust their employers to keep them safe.
- 23% of Michiganders report unemployment, which is consistent with the Chamber’s April poll that estimated unemployment at 29%.
- 72% support a gradual reopening of the economy to avoid a second wave of COVID-19. People are not as ready to return to social activities such as restaurants, sports venues, etc.
- 66% agreed Michigan’s economy is opening up at the right speed or even too fast.
3-Minute Reads: More from the #MIVoterPoll
- Your Employees’ Mindset on Safety? What to Know as You Reopen
- Michiganders Prefer Our Reopening Pace Compared to Rest of Country