Watch: Cyber Risks of Keeping Your Workforce RemoteMay 30, 2020
< Back to Full Restart Michigan Webinar Schedule
As the COVID-19 global health crisis continues, many companies are successfully operating with mandatory work-from-home policies. As employers begin to evaluate if working from home is the best way to accomplish social distancing, they should consider risks associated with an all-remote workforce. In order to support you in the race to embrace this “new normal,” UHY cyber-security consultants have developed this webinar to provide businesses meaningful information about how to reduce risk.
What are the risks?
- Increased phishing attempts mimicking government agencies and local school boards
- Malware hidden in maps and images on hacker-controlled websites that claim to track global COVID-19 cases
- Remote support scams will be on the rise
- Lack of available IT resources – IT staff were already in short supply and the current crisis makes things worse
- Insecure Wi-Fi – home networks or public Wi-Fi
- Insecure home laptops and other devices
The stress of the rapid changes could lead to risky behavior – everyone is looking for the latest news and this could lead to clicking a link that causes a cyber event. These are just a few of the increased risks associated with the “new normal” of an expanded remote workforce.
David Barton, Managing Director, UHY Consulting
Norman Comstock, Managing Director, UHY Consulting