P3 North America expands its role as a leader in next generation mobility solutions within MichiganJune 18, 2018
P3 North America, a firm that provides management consulting and innovative engineering solutions throughout the automotive industry, is pleased to announce that Dr. Samit Ghosh, President and CEO of P3 North America, has been named to the Advisory Board of PlanetM. The PlanetM Advisory Board is made up of leadership from both the private sector and the public sector. Members represent executives from original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), tier one automotive suppliers, government agencies, mobility-focused venture capital firms and startups. This advisory board provides advice and input on PlanetM’s strategic direction.
“P3 is a proven innovator across industry verticals. However, the company has really taken a leadership role in the autonomous vehicle space. Additionally, P3 is a great Michigan company. Dr. Ghosh’s knowledge of both the future of mobility and Michigan’s business community will be a huge asset as we work to grow the PlanetM brand, and increase autonomous vehicle and smart city investment statewide,” said Trevor Pawl, Group Vice President, Michigan Economic Development Corporation focused on PlanetM, Pure Michigan Business Connect and MEDC International Trade.
Dr. Samit Ghosh intends to provide P3’s expertise in the areas of autonomous mobility, connected mobility, electric mobility, new mobility solutions and digital transformation in support of the ongoing mobility transformation of Michigan. P3 works with automotive OEMs, suppliers, technology companies and startups which are bringing new mobility solutions to market. As the lines between different technologies continue to blur and integrate, cross-functional capabilities in engineering and technology consulting increase in importance. With P3’s breadth and depth of skills in interrelated services, companies can count on P3 to serve as a “one-stop shop” for success.
P3 North America is headquartered in Southfield, MI, right in the heart of the automotive ecosystem of Michigan. P3 North America believes that Michigan is at the forefront of the mobility revolution and that it is important to work closely with public sector leadership in-order to realize efficient and sustainable change. Michigan is committed to embracing the future of mobility and understanding its societal impacts as connected and self-driving vehicle development evolves.
P3 North America provides management consulting and innovative engineering solutions that accelerate the development of mobility products and services. P3’s combination of management support, consulting services and engineering solutions enable them to understand what it takes to implement new technologies with speed and agility. Through their technology expertise, they are the enabler and catalyst for their clients to transform, develop and commercialize new businesses in a rapidly changing mobility world. By combining their technical, business and market knowledge, they differentiate ourselves from the competition.
Globally, P3 has over 4,000 consultants and engineers in over 40 locations worldwide working to develop and implement innovative solutions to today’s complex technology challenges. P3 offers a broad portfolio of services and proprietary tools to the automotive, aerospace, telecommunications and energy industries, adding tangible value that helps clients succeed at every stage, from innovation to implementation.
For more information, please visit www.p3-group.com.
In Spring 2016, the PlanetM brand, working in partnership with auto manufacturers, suppliers, universities and local partners, was created to promote Michigan’s connected vehicle environment, and the idea that Michigan is the best place in the world for mobility advancements and development. In Spring 2017, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) and the Governor’s Office decided to expand the PlanetM campaign into a full-service MEDC business development program. One that leverages a customer service-based model to:
- Activate technology deployments at Michigan’s testing sites, and on Michigan’s roads through grant programs and new mobility pilot facilitation projects.
- Make strategic connections that grow Michigan mobility ecosystem and create new business for Michigan mobility companies.
- Coordinate Michigan’s mobility asset so key stakeholders are working together and sharing the same messaging.
Since launch in May 2017, PlanetM has accelerated the state’s mobility activities:
- More Relationships: 14 new business development initiatives launched in 6 months with existing MEDC and PlanetM partners statewide. This includes creating new approaches in key markets like Silicon Valley, Europe and Israel, and for key events like the Frankfurt Auto Show, CES, SXSW, ITS, NAIAS, Techstars Demo Day.
- More Connections: These 14 initiatives led to over 1,000 qualified business development introductions for Michigan mobility companies, assets and partners.
- More Intelligence: Over 450 Michigan mobility companies profiled.
- More Opportunities: 8 out-of-state startups have their ‘Michigan Office’ based in the PlanetM Landing Zone in Detroit. Also, PlanetM has facilitated new technology pilot programs with MDOT, Mcity, City of Detroit and West Michigan
For more information, please visit https://planetm.michiganbusiness.org/.