Learn More About Grow Detroit Young Talent ProgramMarch 11, 2021
How the Program Works and Ways to Get Involved
- Youth Recruitment and Matching
- Workplace Readiness
- Youth Support
- Employer Support
1. Become an Employer Partner by providing an employment opportunity at your designated worksite and sponsor a six-week paid work experience for $1,800 per youth ages 14-24.
- Consider GDYT as the pre-apprenticeship to your apprenticeship programs and entry-level employment
- Detroit Employer Solutions Corporation is the employer of record
- 2021 Tentative Timeline:
- Sign up as an Employer Partner (October 2020–May 1, 2021)
- For employers that want to refer youth into GDYT, inform youth referrals to apply to GDYT by April 2
- Participate in a career fair and interview GDYT youth onsite (May and June)
- Employer Orientation (June)
- GDYT youth begin (First Monday after July 4)
2. Be recognized as an Affiliate Partner if you directly hire GDYT-eligible youth (14-24-year-olds that live in Detroit) in the summer.
- Your company is the employer of record
- Option to attend a career fair and recruit onsite
3. Participate in virtual job shadow events or career panels to get youth excited about your field.
4. Share employment opportunities with our youth database of 15,000-16,000 applicants.
5. Serve as a mentor to a GDYT participant.
6. Volunteer to support key program components (i.e. career fairs, youth orientations, etc.).
Interested in growing Detroit’s young talent pool? Become a GDYT Partner and help meet the goal of matching 8,000 Detroit youth with meaningful employment and industry-led training opportunities. To learn more about the program visit their website.